Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Mama

Spencer was leaning forward at his laptop, glasses perched on the end of his nose as he tapped away. Brandon was apparently called away to play 'chef' to Finch. Annoyed, Spencer decided to destroy some lives (bad lives, but lives nonetheless) while he waited for one of his two lovers to return home. Time ticked away as the young dominant revealed carefully gained bits of information on three of his most hated posters on the forums.

The window slid up, Abby scrambling in from the fire escape. Her hair hung over her eye, her jeans ripped at the knee, blood seeping into vintage denim.

"Abby!" Spencer shouted, shoving his glasses up his nose as he slammed the laptop closed. He hopped off the bed, catching her about the waist. "We have a door."

"Someone might be watchin' the door," Abby breathed. She hadn't broken her ribs, but she was sure they were bruised to say the least. She gulped, waiting for the moment he would pull back her hair to reveal the shiner beneath. "No one ever looks at the window."

"I do," Spencer said, leading her to the bed. "You're bleeding, too." He bent plucking at her jeans. "You should get these off."

She shook her head. "I'll take a shower first, clean it up a bit. Make sure there ain't anythin' in the cut." Cuts.

Spencer looked up, pushing her hair from her face. He winced. "Some friends?" he asked, tilting her face to the light.

The swollen purple and yellow skin spread over her cheekbone. "What can I say? Me friends ge' a little rough when they're drinkin'."

Spencer's lips tightened. "Off with it all," he said. "I could use a shower myself."

Abby stood and tugged her top off on the way to the shower, letting it hang over the back of his chair. She lowered her arms with wince and a whimper, unzipping her jeans. Spencer reached around to help her pull off the jeans.

"I've got a solution to pull the blood out," he murmured. "I'll grab the first aid from the kitchen. Go hop in and I'll be there shortly."

Abby nodded, partially comforted, partially afraid of what was to come. What he would think of her. She staggered tiredly into the bathroom, turning on the taps. Her knee stung, but so did the bruises on her torso. She stepped under the hot spray, letting it wash the grit of the city way from her.

Spencer laid out the jeans, checking her top for more clues. Mushy peas? He sniffed her clothes for scent of alcohol. Non-existent. He furrowed his brows and tugged off his tee shirt before heading to the kitchen for the first aid box.

"Water warm?" he asked, setting the box on the bathroom counter before hooking a thumb in his flannel pants and pushing them down. She hummed appreciatively.

"Yes, blissfully," Abby replied, carefully shampooing her faded locks.

"Mm," Spencer said, stepping into the crowded shower. It wouldn't have worked with him and Bran. But Abby was adorably petite. His body briefly flared with interest until he saw- red blood swirling the bottom of tub. He reached out to touch a few places. "If you piss blood, even a little, hospital. No arguments."

"Understood," Abby said, her voice soft and rough at the same time. She gulped. "It's not that bad."

"I know injuries, Abby. Don't patronize me," Spencer reminded. "You weren't in a bar tonight. Fondness for mushy peas?"

Her back stiffened but that might have been the injury. She shook her head. "Dunno abou' any peas. Had to do a favor for someone I used to know. It ain't go so well. It's all done now, though."

"It better be. That sort of thing is going to get me sectioned or worse," Spencer said, reaching for her bruised face. "Bran or worse, Mum, will think I've done that."

"But you didn't," Abby replied, leaning into his touch. She slid her body, aching and bruised as it was, closer to his. "We don' play like 'at."

Spencer held her close, not worrying too much about getting clean, just worrying about her. "No, and my play days are growing less, I believe. There are more important things than kink," he murmured. "Your hair is faded, again."

"Purple does that. Hard to keep pretty," Abby said, leaning forward to give a lick to his chest. The fresh water over his pale skin looked as pure as a mountain stream.

"Never said it wasn't pretty," Spencer replied. He inhaled sharply. "Abby." He pulled her tightly. "Shagging every time you get banged up really will twist my head," he giggled. But he palmed her bum anyway.

"You go all soft when I'm beat to a pulp. It's nice," she replied, sucking hard on his nipple before giving it a gentle bite. Spencer's body shook and trembled, as he gasped and moaned. His cock rose from a thatch of dark hair, quickly making itself known as it nudged against Abby's wet thigh. He pulled her tight, tipping her head for a kiss.

"Towel," he rasped as he broke the kiss, running his nose over hers. "Towel and bandages and dear god more of that."

Her thin fingers wrapped around his hot length, mouth ducking down to bite the other nipple, water sliding over them. "More of this?"

Spencer groaned loudly, the sound bouncing off the bathroom walls. "Abby!" he whined, bucking into her hand as he pressed against cold, wet tile.

"I need you," Abby told him bluntly, hissing when she moved to get closer to him. "Towel. Bed. Please-"

Spencer lurched forward to shut off the water, shivering as he grabbed a big fluffy towel and swaddled Abby in it, picking her up - too easily. He carried her through the still open doorway, kissing her as he laid her down on the bed.

"Mmph, laptop," he mumbled.

"Laptop?" Abby asked, reaching for him.

He reached behind her unplugging it to drop it on the night table. "That," he said, covering her damp body as he kissed her, lapping at her throat. He moaned into the crook of it as he played with her small breast. Her nipples stood on end and he stroked lower. "Yeah, this, mmm, you.."

She nipped at him like a kitten, leaving small bites on his earlobes and down his chest again. Her hand rubbed his cock, thumb brushing over the tip in a teasing stroke. "You-You're so warm."

Spencer shivered, rocking into her hand as he touched her back, still uncertain with her bits, but growing bolder with each touch. "Because I've been home, in the warm, missing my lover," he mumbled, catching her lips as they crossed each other, moving back to continue their dance. Their bodies moved together instinctively.

She took his hand, guiding it where it needed to be, his fingers pushing inside her while she continued to tease him with touches of her own. Her tongue licked over his jaw, down his throat and back up again. "Missed you, too."

Spencer panted, pumping his fingers.

"Ah, ah, you're- ah- warm too. Here," he replied. "F-fuck. Rubber?"

"Y-Yeah," Abby gasped, her head thrown back. "Yeah, need you. Need you, righ' now."

Spencer barely had a knee off the bed, whimpering as Abby's hand tugged at his cock, keeping it held as though he might run away. He fumbled with the stupid drawer- stupid stupid drawer and package and he finally ripped it open with his teeth, sliding the cold, wet thing over him before burying himself in hot, wet, tight cunt.

He paused, buried deep in Abby, holding her to him as he kissed her, stroking her wet hair from her face.

"Love you," she whispered, their eyes locking together.

"Love you, too," Spencer breathed. "God, you've no idea." His body trembled as he moved slowly within her. "Abby, I-ah." He whimpered pitifully.

"It's okay. I know," Abby panted, rocking her hips up to meet his. "Come for me."

Spencer murmured and panted and kissed her fiercely before thrusting deep, grinding their bony hips together as he came, hips twitching as he stood over the edge of the bed. He practically slumped as he came down. "Helluva rain check."

Abby grinned, pushing his damp curls back from his face. She squeezed his softening cock with her muscles, teasing. She was in too much pain to come proper anyway, but it was nice to feel his body in hers. "Yeah, best rain check."

Spencer made a pitiful sound. He pulled out to deal with the mess. "Oh hell, your knee is still bleeding," he swore. "Hang on." He popped into the lav to grab the box off the sink. "Give up here."

"It's not so bad," Abby tried to placate him, holding up her leg.

"Bad enough I should treat your knee before shagging you into the bed." He swiped bactine across it, following up with antibiotic cream. He wrapped her knee carefully before going to look at her other bruises and cuts. "Did you even- you know?"

"Know I was going to get my arse kicked? No, that didn' occur to me," Abby replied looking confused.

"I meant did you come, you silly goose!" Spencer giggled, blushing. He dabbed some cream on another cut.

Abby tucked her tongue in her cheek, looking sheepish. "Well, no' really. Bu' I had fun, and that's wha' matters sometimes. Like, being connected to the person you care about."

Spencer bit his lip, wrapping another bandage on. "It'd be closer if I weren't," he stopped. "If I weren't- shagging someone else."

"Oi, you are turnin' me into a mummy," Abby complained, batting at his hands. She huffed, and then winced. "Don' pity party on me. No' righ' now, when I'm all bunged up and all I wanted was to 'ave time with you. You've go' nothin' to apologize for. At least not today."

"Well, if I weren't shagging someone else, I could turn you into a mummy," Spencer teased. "Or at least practice at it without the barrier. Careful. Need something for pain?"

"Nah. If I 'urt at least I know I'm healin'. Could do with a rest," Abby said, moving slowly under the blankets. "You wan' to lie down with me?"

"As if that's even a question," Spencer replied. He helped her get situated and tossed the towel away. Their nude bodies quickly warmed against each other. "Finch is having morning sickness, well, all day sickness again. Bran's been called out to be her personal chef. So I know he's been looked after and being a fussy mother hen himself."

"S'weird. Her havin' a baby. She seems too young," Abby replied, even though Finch was older than she was. "You alrigh' with 'im lookin' out for her?"

"It's complicated," Spencer replied. "Would I tell him I'm jealous? No. But I can't, and won't, be caught up the duff. Still, it'd be my niece or nephew, and it's not like Vance is a monster. The baby'll come out gorgeous and perfect. Even if it's not a Holmes."

"Vance is a monster. At least, that's what I've heard," Abby sighed, snuggling closer to Spencer. "He migh' be kind to your sister, but he ain't soft."

"None of us are soft, Abby," he replied stroking her. "Not Vance, not Finch, not Bran, not me. You know that right? Who I am with you- it's.. it's only a part of me. Like who I am with Brandon. He's repulsed if I'm so much affectionate without first hurting him."

"I know. I ain't soft either. I know who you are. Who you want to be," Abby sighed, patting his chest. She knew it was probably also going to be what broke them up in the end.

"Really? I don't know who I want to be," Spencer hummed. "Shh, don't tell me yet. I'd like to figure it out on my own. You can tell me if I get it right."

"Yeah, yeah, okay," Abby replied, gracing him with a kiss. "Shh. I want to sleep a while."

"Hmm, I'll watch," Spencer sighed, sated and happy.

***

Hours earlier

"Did you get it?" the older man asked Abby gruffly. "She ain't going to let you sniff a bit of nappy if you ain't got it this time."

Abby glowered at him, but she held up the USB stick. "I go' it. Ain't nothin' to worry abou'."

"I'll be sure to check," he said, pushing his gun off to the side to snatch it from her fingers. He jerked his head to the doorway.

Young childish giggles echoed in the room.

Abby's breath caught in her chest, but she tried not to be emotional. After all, as Spencer had pointed out, emotions don't do nothin' but get in the way. "You'll find it's all there." Arse. 

"Ten minutes," the man said. "Clock's ticking."

Abby tried not to run, but failed miserably. She stood in the doorway, looking in at the little creature inside. "Liam."

"Aba!" the boy squealed, launching out of his red-headed nanny's arms. He made grabby hands as he stumbled over toddler feet to throw himself at Abby's legs. "I got da fire tuck, tuck, and zoom!" He bounced. She bent to pick him up, snuggling him close.

"Tha's very excitin' there, love," Abby cooed, smiling at him. "You gon' grow up to figh' fires, eh?"

Liam hugged her neck. "Yup! An' an' B'man. I'm b'man."

"I think he means Batman, Missus," the au pair said.

Abby laughed, a frightened sound, and gave him another hug. "Oi, Batman, you can' go 'round tellin' everyone who you are. You hafta remain a mystery."

"Aba, wass my-misery?" he asked, running a hand across his mouth, swiping a bit of green food from it to Abby's shirt.

"Ew, don' give me your leftovers," the purple-haired girl teased. "Mystery is secrets. Batman has to keep who he really is secret so his enemies don't find out."

"Like pengwings!" Liam exclaimed.

"Yes, darling, like the Penguin," came the rough voice of an older woman. "Enjoying our family time, Abigail?"

Abby bristled, but she just kept the baby on her hip, eyes growing cold. "He's alrigh'. Just sharin' stories."

Liam hiccuped, pressing closer. "Aba, aba, b'man."

"Yes, stories. Television won't raise him forever," the old matriarch said. "I've got another job for you, Abigail. A drop off. Shouldn't be too hard."

"I already did one job for you. Don' you think that's enough for t'day?" Abby asked, glaring at the woman.

"I think that's enough family time for today, don't you?" The old woman gestured to the au pair who went to take Liam.

The boy started to whimper as the red-head drew nearer. He began to cry, then scream in earnest as she picked him up from Abby's arms. "Aba! Aba!!!" he howled.

"Liam-" Abby reached for him, even though he was being stolen from her. "Ten minutes, you promised!"

"You promised you'd do the jobs!" the older woman laughed over the toddler's cries, dry and hacking - a smoker's laugh.

"Aaabaaa!"

"Fine, fine. Jus' five more, gimme a sec to calm 'im down an' I'll go," Abby promised, keeping her arms out for the child.

"Two, and you won't give me any lip for the next job. Your sister was never this much trouble, little brat. She did her job and done."

Liam launched back into Abby's arms, wailing into her neck. "Mama!"

"Shh, hush up, sweethear'. You've got to be a good boy for me. I'll come back to play, yeah?" Abby promised, cuddling him close. "I'll come back, I will."

"Aba be Robin?" Liam sniffled, big fat tears still rolling down his face.

"Nah, I'm Batgirl. Robin's a boy," she teased, tweaking his nose playfully. She kissed his forehead. "Love ya, Batman."

"Love Aba," Liam said, giving her a wet kiss and hug.

"Say bye, Liam," the au pair prompted. The little boy's eyes welled up again, pink lip trembling.

"I'll be back," Abby repeated, placing him in the stranger's arms, even though it near killed her to do so. She had to find a way to get him out of there. "Shh, shh, be good." Unable to look any longer, she turned and stalked out of the room, waiting for the old cunt to give her the next job.

"Get it to William by midnight," the woman said, handing over a thick packet. "And I'll consider telling you want I want for the boy. He's getting too old to handle. Child care is expensive."

"Tell me now. Mebbe I can do two jobs at once," Abby wheedled, taking the package from her.

"Something tells me a little bird is what the Moriarty's hinge on now. Oh don't think I don't know that you and Thaddeus, the wretched traitor," she spat on the ground. "Have holed up in their territory. But little birds are so easy to squish or simply.. shoot out of the air. Deal with the bird. It's a job worth the price of the brat's life, innit?"

Abby felt the blood drain from her face. "You want me to kill Finch Morstan? Are you mad? Her father is Sherlock Holmes."

"Retired," the woman drawled, lighting up a cigarette. "Along with her pitiful mother as well. Weakness. Cull the girl, and you get the boy. Simple as that. Or don't you want him?"

"'Course I do," Abby said, angling her tiny chin up. "I'd best get to those papers now, huh? Wouldn't want to be late."

"Remember you owe me!"

***

Thaddeus had left his things at the flat. He'd gone back to the shop instead, to the scrunched up sofa and strange pipe that knocked in the middle of the night. To the neon lights that shined from across the street and the smell of antiseptic and ink.

Finch hadn't come in or called, so he rescheduled her appointments. Only two, thankfully. He promised to take one of them out for lunch. Who knew, maybe it would go somewhere. He tapped about on the shop computer, thumbing through the shop emails. It seemed Finch's talent was well in demand. They needed a full time piercer, if not another artist.

"Thad," Abby's croaky voice came out of the shadows. How she'd gotten in was a mystery. Tears streamed from her eyes. "Thad-"

"Abby? What the hell?" he said, getting up. He saw her purpled eye. "Did that little rat-?"

"N-No-" Abby sucked in a breath, trying to wipe her face. "I'm in so much trouble. The old cunt got sommat on me, and I have to do a job for her or someone- someone I l-love is goin' to die, Thad. But- I can't, I can't do it."

"Of course you can," Thad snorted. "We can do anything. She's only running you because she can't do it on her own anymore. Who the hell is worth all this weeping? Lizzy's already been buried and gone months now."

"I have to kill Finch," Abby said, refusing to answer the other question. "That's the job."

Thad jerked back. His face went solemn. "You can't."

"She's- She's go' my son, Thad," Abby whispered, owning Liam like he was hers. He would be hers. He would- "She's goin' to kill him, and he's jus' a baby."

"You don't have no son, Abs," Thaddeus said. "You've got a bloody black eye and a concussion. But son?"

"Yeah. He's a baby an' she's go' him and she won' give 'im back unless I kill Finch," Abby choked, falling to her knees. "An' I can't do it. It's Spencer's sister-"

"Hey, hey, hey," Thaddeus said, leaning down to pull her back up. "What's he called?"

"L-Liam," Abby said with a shiver. "He's mine, and I want 'im back."

"Obvious," Thaddeus said, leading her to the sofa. "A baby? How old's the wee lad? Erm, Liam." His brain boggled, trying to think back through a haze of drugs, drinking, fighting, running. When had..?

"He's two and a half," Abby told him. She shoved her hands in the pocket of the ratty hoodie she was wearing. "An' gorgeous. But it don't matter, she's go' him and I've go' to figure out a way to kill your bloody girlfrien'."

"Blimey, he's nearly a proper kid," Thaddeus said in surprise. "You were near a baby yourself! We aren't killin' Finch no how. Obviously, you've seen him, right?"

"Yeah, jus' came from a visit. She let's me see 'im sometimes," Abby replied. "Not for long, though. He cries when I leave."

"Let's you see him for jobs, you mean," Thad said. "Damnit, damnit. No wonder you never could leave! Let me.. let me figure it out. We'll get the- your son back."

"Wha' are we going to do? There is nothin' we can do," Abby said, leaning her head against his chest. She wrapped her arms around Thad, fingers twisting in his shirt. "It's a lost cause-"

"Am I interrupting something?" Finch asked sweetly, her tone tense. The embrace looked... quite cozy and something in her twisted jealously. She didn't like it. "I'm going to go out for about ten minutes. When I come back, you're both to be gone."

Thaddeus sighed. "Give me some credit, Abs. I've got to deal with some of my own troubles, right now, but I swear, I won't let you down," he said, kissing the top of her head. "Please- go home. It's safe there."

"I'll go. Call me," Abby whispered, pulling her hood up. Finch watched her leave before turning back.

"You're to go, too. I don't need you," Finch said, storming into the back office.

"Yes, we rather gathered that," Thaddeus said. "Just like I said, he'd storm the flat, kick me out, and you'd go back to happy couple. Are you alright?"

"Peachy," Finch snapped. "It's none of your concern. I'll find somewhere to send your paycheck. Take your things and get out."

Thad's stomach dropped.

"You're joking," he said. Panic flooded his system.

"My shop is a business, not some place for you to bring girls," Finch replied, setting her jaw. "You- You need to go. Find something else to do. You both have bitched about Vance from sun up to sun down, but you love how safe you all are in Moriarty's family. No more. Not helping you."

"Bring girls?" Thad shouted. "Abby's my sister - as much my sister as your cousin Brandon is like your brother. She was upset. My God, you were jealous. You walked in and saw her, and you were jealous!"

Finch's eyes looked ready to bug out of her skull, and her cheeks were dusting a soft pink. "I'm not jealous! This is where I work. I've been telling you to get out for weeks."

"Fine, I'll- I'll find a place to bloody live, but you can't fire me," he said.

"Yes, I can. Because I'm the boss," Finch said, crossing her arms over her chest.

Thaddeus saw the glint around her finger. He straightened.

"Ah, I see," he said, eyes tightening. "Finally manned up, did he?" He should've just let himself be hit. It might've stopped that - stopped her from saying yes.

Finch blushed deeper, ducking her chin. "That has nothing to do with it."

"Yes it does," Thad said. "He proposed - in the hospital. Romantic. Like in a book. You admitted to kissing me. He forgave you, but told you to get rid of me."

"He did not!" Finch snapped, eyes flashing. "I can't have your sort of inappropriate conduct with Abby or the customers in my business. This means a lot to me, I've worked hard for it-"

"And I've done shite all?" Thad countered. "Like those lights and that chandelier, and those bloody walls. No I just did that for fun!" he growled. "And how about you not giving me or any of your bloody customers a heads up that I need to call and cancel on them because you're out - again!"

"I was ill, am I to apologize for that?" Finch hissed through clenched teeth. "I didn't ask you to do those things, you just did them. And you were compensated."

"And my own investment - emotional investment - in this shop means nothing?" Thad replied. "I can't fight for my job? Fuck's sake, you kissed me back. If I'd have known you'd gone round the bend over it, I'd kept to the other room and let you cry."

"Get. Out," Finch said, thoroughly embarrassed.

Thad was practically shaking with embarrassment, rejection, and.. fear?

"No."

That little wrinkle on her brow he was so fond of formed as if on cue. "What?"

"No. No, I won't get out. Call the police if you must, at least I'll have a place to sleep that's longer than that blasted sofa," he said. "But I shant, I won't and am not going to leave."

"That's- That's not right! You're not welcome. Get out!" Finch said, stamping her foot.

Thaddeus reached into his pocket, pulling out his wallet. He pulled out Finch's hand, smacking the few pounds into it. "There, I'm a paying customer! I'm not going anywhere!"

She threw it back at him like it burned her, blinking. "Stop it! Why are you doing this to me? Why do you want to torture me?!"

"Because I love you!!" Thad shouted, eyes red, not even looking at the last of his money falling to the floor. "Because I'm in love with you and I have no idea what to do about it!"

"Me neither!" Finch shot back, sitting down in her office chair, burying her head on her desk. She felt so juvenile. "I don't want you back here, Thad. I can't do this. Don't ask me to do this."

"You're breakin' my heart, little bird," Thaddeus whispered. "At least give me one more week to find another job. That's all I've got right now, and I haven't been looking."

Finch's sniffled in her arms. "Don't call me that. If I give you a week, you'll take a year. It'll hurt less this way, Thad. I'll give you some money."

"I'd rather have a kiss goodbye," Thad said, placing a hand on the desk. "He'll forgive you that."

Finch's chest hurt when she looked up at him. "Won't that make it worse?"

Thad swallowed. He nodded a bit. "I would say I've been in worse places before, but I ain't been in love afore," he said. "But I'd still rather have it."

There was pain etched into her features. Not from her illness or her pregnancy, but from loss. Yet, she was her mother's daughter, and her mother was nothing if not stubborn. Finch angled her chin up, inviting him in.

Thad leaned down, cupping the back of Finch's head. He met her eyes, green and bright against the redness of her eyes. He swallowed again, bridging the distance to kiss her softly. A tear stole from his eye. His chest hurt.

"Bye, Thad," Finch whispered, having to wipe a few tears from her own eyes.

"I guess this is how I was supposed to feel when Lizzy died," he replied. "Goodbye, Finch. May you and Scarface have many fat happy babies." He pulled away, turning to pick up the cash from the floor. It felt dirty. He wanted to leave it.

"Yeah." She scrubbed her hand over her face, trying to look stern. "Best of luck."

Thad left the office, grabbing his jacket from the computer chair. He looked around the shop he'd helped build and gritted his teeth. Back to the streets. He left with a chime of the doorbell. He pulled out his mobile, texting the little Prince. At least he could still help the little family he had left.

Even if it had possibly lost him everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment